ActiveGlass transforms an ordinary looking window into a dynamic light filter. It gives you full control of the light entering through a window or partition – and it’s unique in how many different functions it can perform. Manage sunlight, privacy and energy savings.
No need to ban the sun completely with blinds or curtains – simply increase the amount of glass tint to a comfortable level, and use as much natural daylight as you are comfortable with. Even at night with the lights on inside, ActiveGlass windows will stop anyone outside from seeing in, when in the fully ‘closed’ setting.
Drag slider across photo to show an example of window change – this can be adjusted between Clear and 100% tint or frosted effect.
In Privacy mode ActiveGlass blocks vision, but allows light through a window or partition (rather than just turning black and stopping all light). A frosted effect blocks clear vision, so no one can see either in or out, yet it allows diffused light through, making the most of available illumination. This is ideal for room partitions, office cubicles, and bathrooms where complete privacy but maximum lighting is required. The degree of privacy can be adjusted continuously from clear to fully translucent (blocked).
ActiveGlass has important benefits to offer, some of these are unique in the field of smart technology:
- Change of state from clear to fully opaque (or translucent) is controlled by the user and is continuously variable.
- No electric power needed for operation – mechanical activation only.
- Option for remote control – requires battery or mains power, but only to actuate the mechanism.
- Able to reflect heat rather than just block by absorption – greatly reduces the amount of heat transfer to a building, so saving on energy for air conditioning.
- Can be integrated into building management systems for optimal energy efficiency.
- High performance – able to block virtually all light through a window.
- Glass tint can be any colour, including neutral – for example: inside of glass can match interior décor, while outside matches external finish.
- Options for logos and signs to appear on glass during or after transitions. Image projection onto glass also possible for advertising and information display.
- Manufacturing cost for this technology is a fraction of other smart glass technologies.
Products are available as:
- bespoke finished double glazed units (or specialist panels), or
- self-contained modules designed to fit within a manufacturer’s specified frame.
Existing production lines can be readily modified to accommodate the new technology.